Yellowed and stained teeth make you look older than your age. They detract from even the most beautiful faces. Yellow teeth show up most especially in photographs, taking away from any natural photogenic attractiveness you may have. One of the easiest yet most noticeable things you can do to improve the way you look is to whiten your teeth. Here are some of the benefits of whitening your teeth.
- Brighten Your Visage – Whiter teeth brighten your whole face. They make you look youthful and healthy.
- Make You Appear Healthier – Just as the whites of your eyes signify a wholesome, healthy body; white teeth indicate that you probably eat a healthy diet. White teeth show that you take care of yourself physically.
- Make You Feel More Confident – Being able to show off whiter teeth helps to make you feel more confident. You’ll be more inclined to smile more often, which will evoke positive reactions from those around you. Your inner confidence will exude outward.
- You Might Become More Successful – Although evidence is anecdotal, those with whiter teeth smile more often and feel more confident, which often leads to greater personal and professional success. When you feel better about yourself, you’ll be able to feel more comfortable in social settings. You’ll feel more confident and able to assert yourself in work environments. This often translates into fruitful business and personal relationships that yield the fruits of success.
How to Get Whiter Teeth
There are a variety of ways to get whiter teeth. Each method varies in cost, complexity and the amount of time it takes to see results. These include:
- Whitening Pens – These are handheld pens with a rubberized tip. The tip gets saturated with a whitening solution via gentle pressure, much like a marker tip. You apply the gel to each tooth individually, allow to dry for about 10 minutes and then rinse. Subtle results are immediate and increase with regular use.
- Whitening Toothpaste – This is used on a daily basis and slowly whitens your teeth over time. This product is best used to maintain teeth that have already been whitened, rather than for whitening severely yellowed teeth.
- Whitening Gel and Forms – The form is filled with the whitening gel and worn for 15 minutes or so. The teeth are immersed in the gel during that time. Results are immediate.
- Gel Strips – Gel strips are already saturated with whitening formula. You essentially peel and stick these on your teeth for about 10 or 15 minutes, then rinse. Results are subtle but immediate and increase with regular use.
- Professional Teeth Whitening – This procedure is done at the dentist office, and offers the most dramatic immediate effect. Teeth are treated with a whitening solution and subjected to a special light beam.
Once you have your teeth whitened, you’ll want to help them stay that way by avoiding things like smoking, red wine, and other things that may stain teeth. If teeth get yellow again, repeat treatments are readily available. In the meantime, you can look forward to improved confidence and looks through whiter teeth.